Friday, December 17, 2010

What matters the most

I've had a lot on my mind lately.
I've sat there thinking over and over in my head what I would write about and how would I word it.
It all comes down to whats most important...
My family!
Earlier this year I quit my job to become a stay at home mom.
I opened up Princy n Paris in January but didn't start making items until February or March.
I never thought it would turn into what it is today:)
I now think that I am in need of some sort.

I missed my sons Thanksgiving recital this year.
Not because I didn't want to be there,
not because I forgot, more or less because I've been so busy that I have somehow put my family on the back burner.
Not on purpose!
I cried that entire day when I went to pick him up and he was dressed in his little Indian costume....
I'm starting to cry just thinking about it.
Somehow someway the hubby and I both missed that he was having a school recital.
Today was his Christmas recital:)
We were all there this time!
Here is a pic of him and his teacher Miss Avery

She is an absolute DOLL and we love her!!!!!
I had plans of making all of the kids in his class a handmade Christmas ornament with their name on it and give the teachers each a gift certificate to my shop (which I still plan on doing!)
After the recital I went to ask the teacher for a list of all of the kids in his class. While she was looking I was looking at the calendar and noticed that today was his last day of school!!!!! I had nothing ready to give to his class or his teachers.
Again I have failed and fell short on my duties of being the mom that I want to be to my kids.
When do I draw the line to what it most important??!!
I have somehow lost focus!
My shop consumes me! More than I ever thought it would!
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE what I do but I love being a good mom to my kids more!


Last night I came across another copycat. This one was worse than all of the others because I know she's bought from me and the has copied the items that she has gotten from me.
I don't look for these people!
I swear! They seem to fall right into my lap!!
So, do I continue doing what I do?!? Make hair pretties for others to just copy while I run myself into the ground! That's what I'm starting to feel like! I do ALL of the grunt work and someone just studies my items and makes a look a like and makes the profit off of my hard work.
Just doesn't seem fair, at ALL!
By no means do I want across as whiny!
I'm just keeping it real!
I have this big thing for justice.

Ok, moving on:)Here are some more pics from today:) I didn't focus on getting the PERFECT pic! I just took a couple to remind myself of this day:)

Another pic of Miss Avery and Princeton:)

Princeton being goofy! I swear, I don't know what it's going to take to get a good pic of this kid, lol!
Well it seems as everyone else wasn't in the mood for pics either, lol


On a happy note I have a lot of plans for the new year coming up!:) I have several collaborations that I am super excited about!!:) I am going to try and take things in stride and hope for a better year!!:) I have made some awesome friends along the way and I feel beyond touched at everyones support! I thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!
I also have THE BEST customers in the world!!!!
I rarely talk about that! but it's true!:)
The biggest compliment to have is repeat customers!!
Most of everyone who has ever bought from me has been a repeat customer, some on a monthly basis!:) That just makes my heart swell with gratitude!:) If I have never thanked you personally, THANK YOU!:)
Everyone has been so extremely understanding to my turnaround times and have even been gracious if I've gone a couple of days past what is promised!
I have had a couple of concerned emails along the way from customers (which is to be expected:) but no one has been nasty or ugly to me!
I do try my hardest to make everyone happy:)
You are all what keep me going:)
Thank you, again, for your support!




6 comments:

  1. Girl, I understand....as a stay at home mom that tried to make a living with an ebay store, I realized how much this is actually consuming me and just how much I was buying on top of my sales, which in turn was a wash at the end of the day. You are not alone. I am here anytime you need a friend. Love ya girlfriend....and I am so sorry about your copycat. Such a shame people cannot create their own pieces. Hugs. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prencie, my heart is with you and I COMPLETELY understand..., I've been there... except on the copycat thing.. i have no idea if anyone is coping me out there, I certainly try to be original (let me know if you find something, haha)... it's hard to balance that creative outlet and family and everything else. You are beautiful, your family is beautiful, your talented and your work is beautiful. Sooo glad to have meet you this year! Do it because you love it, that's what I have to remind myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gals, you have no idea what your support means to me!:) Sometimes I hesitate to write about such things only because I know no one wants to hear about doom and gloom, lol! Trust me, it's not all doom and gloom here! It's just gotten tough here in the last month or so. It got to be because it's the holidays!
    Mande, I know you know;) We seem to share the same passions for buying pretty things for our little girls, lol!
    Ingrid, I haven't seen anyone copying your stuff, but you know I've got your back ;) Thank you so much for everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! How I feel for you! I am embarrassed to say I didn't get the teachers anything this year. I had GREAT intentions but it just seems like tme caught up with me. Prencie it is soooooooooo hard to be a MOM and I think working from home is the toughest!!!! I HEART you and all your pieces. I realized I own soo many of your pieces and each one has been made with LOVE! You have always been so kind to me and I still remember you were one of the first people to ever comment on my blog.... I was like who is this crazy girl being so kind to me???? I am so glad you are a friend!!! I know you will have much successes in the New Year. HUGS!!!! And be good to yourself. We as Mom's tend to make excuses etc... for others but are so hard on ourselves! HUGS HUGS and more HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oohhh, Prencie, I don't know what to say that I haven't said before. The copycats have worn me out. I don't think any of them have actually purchased an item with the intentions of copying. That's really awful! So much has been missed or forgotten about since I opened my shop that I am enjoying the time off now. I am no longer in a perpetual bad mood. Try to enjoy your holiday and your lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prencie,

    I wish you and your family a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    There have been times for me that I have been obsessed with my Etsy, and I have to slap myself and say "Who Cares! Making a few extra bucks is not even close to my ultimate purpose here on earth!" That usually lasts for a while and then the cycle repeats itself! The one thing that I've learned that helps me to stay balanced is to try and read my Bible first thing in the morning before ever turning on the computer. It helps me keep perspective. The fact that you recognize this problem proves that your heart is definitely grounded in what really matters.
    I am not sure if anyone has ever copied me, but I am sure that it would really bother me if someone did. Unfortunately, Etsy seems to be a breeding ground for copycats. Just keep working and doing the best you can when you have time and keep the Lord first. He will take care of the rest.
    Much love,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of three beautiful kids and wife to one hard working husband :) I went to school for Interior Design that I currently do part time. I love God and my family and strive to please them.