Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What's in a name...

Over the years I've gotten a lot of questions about my name. The 1st question, usually, is
"Is that your first name?", or
"Is that your real name?",
"Is Prencie short for something?!?",
I also get,
"So is Prencie different for Princess?" { I usually got that one from the men} Ha!

The answer to all of the above questions is NO. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the questions, I like my name:). My name is a family name. My grandmother had a cousin who died at the early age of 18 from pneumonia. Her name was, Pencie. My grandmother always wanted to name her daughter Pencie but had my father and his brother instead. When I was born my parents decided to give me that name. Well, it didn't quite work out that way. While getting the spelling over the phone my father accidentally spelled my name with a R so my name ended up being Prencie instead of Pencie. I actually like the mistake ;)

When I was pregnant with my daughter, my husband and I knew we wanted a "P" name but couldn't agree on ANYTHING!! Coming up with a girl name was much harder than I had anticipated. With both of my boys it was almost an instant decision but not this time. We were at the hospital still trying to figure it out. I knew all along that I wanted the name Paris but the hubby wasn't to crazy about the name. I knew that it had to do with a certain person in the media that had that name. When I think of the name Paris I think of the city of love, fashion, beauty....all of the things that I love. I think that the name began to grow on the hubby. So since our beautiful baby girl was born around Christmas time we named her, Paris-Noel:)

When it came time to find a name for my shop I actually just wanted the shop name to be "Princy" {I like the way Princy looks} but the name was taken. Grrr!! Back to the drawing board. A good friend of mine suggested that I do "Princy and Paris". I had thought of that too but wasn't 100% sure. Well I had dragged my feet way too long and what better name could I find than a shop name that has to do with me and my daughter, Paris-Noel:) So I decided to go with "Princy n Paris" to incorporate both of our names with a small play on words :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of three beautiful kids and wife to one hard working husband :) I went to school for Interior Design that I currently do part time. I love God and my family and strive to please them.